I hope that everyone has had a smooth transition back after being away from school and daily routines this summer. I am writing to remind all parents/guardians that next Wednesday, September 13th, is Essex Technical High School’s annual Back to School Night. This evening is for all parents and the program will begin at 6:00 pm. It is recommended that you arrive by 5:40 pm in order to park and make it to your first location for a 6:00 pm start.
Please keep in mind that this event is only for parents/guardians due to space constraints and the potential for over-crowding in our presentation areas, career areas, and classrooms. If students do attend, they will be escorted to a designated area until the program concludes.
Here are some important notes about the evening:
- We will be holding elections for parent representatives who are interested in serving on the Essex Tech School Council. We have six candidates who have expressed an interest, and according to state guidelines, parent representatives are to be elected by fellow parents. There will be a ballot at the Parent Teacher Student Organization table. Please stop by and cast your vote as council members play an important role in providing a parent voice on the council.
- Grade 9 students will be receiving a paper copy of their schedule Tuesday morning, September 12th. Upon receipt, students will be encouraged to take a picture of their schedule and text it to their parents/guardians. Please be sure to bring your paper copy, if at all possible, to serve as a back-up.
- Grade 10 parents/guardians are asked to report directly to their student’s CTE area, where they will receive a paper copy of their student’s schedule for the evening.
- Grade 11 parents/guardians should report to their student’s Day 1 / Block A class where they will receive a paper copy of their student’s schedule at that time. Please either log into Aspen or talk to your student to obtain information on the location of your student’s Day 1 / Block A class.
- Grade 12 parents/guardians should report directly to the gym where you will receive a paper copy of your student’s schedule.
Please contact the school if you have any questions and print the appropriate attached schedule for the evening (based on your student’s grade level).
We look forward to seeing you Wednesday evening, September 13th.